The CJE is very happy to welcome its new Managing Editor : Francisco Ruge-Murcia, from the University of Montreal. The journal also welcomes Li Hao and Michael Baker, who joined the editorial board in July 2013. Michael Baker, from the University of Toronto handles micro-econometrics papers. Li Hao from the UBC handles non-trade theory papers. Josh Ederington and John Ries have both agreed to continue as co-editors.
The CJE receives around 350 submissions per year and publishes around 60 of these papers. It is a general interest journal that welcomes submissions in all fields but we also have a reputation as a very good international trade journal with a concentration of both theoretical and empirical trade articles. In 2012 the median time to a first decision was 95 days (about three months).
- Serena Ng: Viewpoint: Boosting Recessions, pp. 1-34.
- William P. Warburton, Rebecca N. Warburton, Arthur Sweetman and Clyde Hertzman: The Impact of Placing Adolescent Males into Foster Care on Education, Income Assistance, and Convictions, pp. 35-69.
- Harry Krashinsky: How Would One Extra Year of High School Affect Academic Performance in University? Evidence from an Educational Policy Change, pp. 70-97.
- Makoto Hirazawa, Koji Kitaura and Akira Yakita: Fertility, Intra-Generational Redistribution, and Social Security Sustainability, pp. 98-114.
- M.L. Leroux and P. Pestieau: Social Security and Family Support, pp. 115-143.
- Eugene Beaulieu and Jevan Cherniwchan: Tariff Structure, Trade Expansion, and Canadian Protectionism, 1870-1910, pp. 144-172.
- Kai A. Konrad, Florian Morath and Wieland Müller: Taxation and Market Power, pp. 173-202.
- Maxim Mai, Vladimir Smirnov and Andrew Wait: Ownership, Access, and Sequential Investment, pp. 203-231.
- Soham Baksi: Regional versus Multilateral Trade Liberalization, Environmental Taxation, and Welfare, pp. 232-249.
- Sebastian Benz and Wilhelm Kohler: Managerial versus Production Wages: Offshoring, Country Size, and Endowments, pp. 250-271.
- Toke S. Aidt and Uk Hwang: To Ban or Not to Ban: Foreign Lobbying and Cross-National Externalities, pp. 272-297.
- Ana EspínolaArredondo, Félix MuñozGarcia and Jude Bayham: The Entry-Deterring Effects of Inflexible Regulation, pp. 298-324.
- Aggey Semenov and Julian Wright: Exclusion via Non-Exclusive Contracts, pp. 325-347.
- Jinyoung Kim and Kanghyock Koh: Incentives for Journal Editors, pp. 348-371.