The Canadian Journal of Economics welcomes its new Data Editor, Peter Morrow (University of Toronto). The CJE has had a Data Availability Policy since January 1, 2008. The policy follows closely that of the American Economic Review, which has also been adopted by the top general interest journals in economics. The new position of Data Editor at the CJE has been created with the intention of helping authors satisfy the requirements of the policy.
The CJE receives around 300 submissions per year and publishes around 60 of these papers. It is a general interest journal that welcomes submissions in all fields. In 2014, the mean time to a first decision was 85 days, and all authors received a first decision within 9 months of the date of submission.
- Jeffrey Smith and Arthur Sweetman: Viewpoint: Estimating the causal effects of policies and programs, pp. 871-905.
- Konstantinos Theodoridis and Francesco Zanetti: News shocks and labour market dynamics in matching models, pp. 906-930.
- Ignat Stepanok: Creative destruction and unemployment in an open economy model, pp. 931-948.
- Shiu-Sheng Chen: Commodity prices and related equity prices, pp. 949-967.
- Malte Rieth, Cristina Checherita-Westphal and Maria-Grazia Attinasi: Personal income tax progressivity and output volatility: Evidence from OECD countries, pp. 968-996.
- R. Emre Aytimur, Aristotelis Boukouras and Robert Schwager: The citizen-candidate model with imperfect policy control: Strategic delegation and polarization, pp. 997-1015.
- Constantine Angyridis and Brennan Scott Thompson: Negative income taxes, inequality and poverty, pp. 1016-1034.
- David Amirault, Daniel de Munnik and Sarah Miller: What drags and drives mobility? Explaining Canada's aggregate migration patterns, pp. 1035-1056.
- Angelo Secchi, Federico Tamagni and Chiara Tomasi: Export price adjustments under financial constraints, pp. 1057-1085.
- Robert J. R. Elliott, Liza Jabbour and Liyun Zhang: Firm productivity and importing: Evidence from Chinese manufacturing firms, pp. 1086-1124.
- Russell Hillberry and Phillip McCalman: Import dynamics and demands for protection, pp. 1125-1152.
- Eddy Bekkers, Joseph Francois and Miriam Manchin: Trade costs, quality and the skill premium, pp. 1153-1178.
- Shih-Jye Wu, Yang-Ming Chang and Hung-Yi Chen: Imported inputs and privatization in downstream mixed oligopoly with foreign ownership, pp. 1179-1207.
- Ce Huang: Price dispersion in a directed search model, pp. 1208-1223.