The Canadian Journal of Economics welcomes its new co-editors, Matilde Bombardini (UBC) and Andres Carvajal (UC Davis, formely at Western).
The CJE receives around 300 submissions per year and publishes around 60 of these papers. It is a general interest journal that welcomes submissions in all fields. In 2014, the mean time to a first decision was 85 days, and all authors received a first decision within 9 months of the date of submission.
- Thomas Lemieux: Occupations, fields of study and returns to education, pp. 1047-1077.
- Maggie E. C. Jones, Morten Ørregaard Nielsen and Micha Ksawery Popiel: A fractionally cointegrated VAR analysis of economic voting and political support, pp. 1078-1130.
- Xianwen Shi and Aloysius Siow: Information externalities and intermediaries in frictional search markets, pp. 1131-1152.
- Ian Irvine and William Sims: The simple analytics of tobacco taxation with illegal supply, pp. 1153-1172.
- Evangelos V. Dioikitopoulos: Aging, growth and the allocation of public expenditures on health and education, pp. 1173-1194.
- Elena Paltseva: Protection for Sale: The case of oligopolistic competition and interdependent sectors, pp. 1195-1216.
- Norman Gemmell, Richard Kneller and Ismael Sanz: The growth effects of tax rates in the OECD, pp. 1217-1255.
- Jiahua Che, Larry Qiu and Wen Zhou: Entry, reputation and intellectual property rights enforcement, pp. 1256-1281.
- Arup Bose, Debashis Pal and David E. M. Sappington: The impact of public ownership in the lending sector, pp. 1282-1311.
- Rupayan Gupta: Changing threat perceptions and the efficient provisioning of international security, pp. 1312-1341.
- Raquel Ortega-Argilés, Mariacristina Piva and Marco Vivarelli: The transatlantic productivity gap: Is R&D the main culprit?, pp. 1342-1371.
- Subhayu Bandyopadhyay, Sugata Marjit and Lei Yang: International oligopoly, barriers to outsourcing and domestic employment, pp. 1372-1386.
- Chris Bidner: A spillover-based theory of credentialism, pp. 1387-1425.
- Joseph M. Santos: Back to the futures: An assessment of market performance on the early Winnipeg Grain Exchange, pp. 1426-1448.