The CJE is very happy to welcome its new Managing Editor : Francisco Ruge-Murcia, from the University of Montreal. The journal also welcomes Li Hao and Michael Baker, who joined the editorial board in July 2013. Michael Baker, from the University of Toronto handles micro-econometrics papers. Li Hao from the UBC handles non-trade theory papers. Josh Ederington and John Ries have both agreed to continue as co-editors.
The CJE receives around 350 submissions per year and publishes around 60 of these papers. It is a general interest journal that welcomes submissions in all fields but we also have a reputation as a very good international trade journal with a concentration of both theoretical and empirical trade articles. In 2012 the median time to a first decision was 95 days (about three months).
- Ana M. Fernandes and Caroline Paunov: Does trade stimulate product quality upgrading?, pp. 1232-1264.
- Kris Inwood and Ian Keay: Trade policy and industrial development: iron and steel in a small open economy, 18701913, pp. 1265-1294.
- Chang Hong: The political economy of tariff protection in China: evidence from the WTO accession, pp. 1295-1316.
- Ohad Raveh: Dutch Disease, factor mobility, and the Alberta Effect: the case of federations, pp. 1317-1350.
- Steve McCorriston and Donald MacLaren: Redistribution, state trading enterprises and politically optimal tariffs, pp. 1351-1379.
- René Morissette, Hanqing Qiu and Ping Ching Winnie Chan: The risk and cost of job loss in Canada, 1978-2008, pp. 1480-1509.
- Garnett Picot and Patrizio Piraino: Immigrant earnings growth: selection bias or real progress?, pp. 1510-1536.
- Sam Norris and Krishna Pendakur: Imputing rent in consumption measures, with an application to consumption poverty in Canada, 1997-2009, pp. 1537-1570.
- Keith Head and Thierry Mayer: What separates us? Sources of resistance to globalization, pp. 1196-1231.
- C. Robert Clark and Ignatius J. Horstmann: A model of advertising format competition: on the use of celebrities in ads, pp. 1606-1630.
- Georges Dionne and Olfa Maalaoui Chun: Default and liquidity regimes in the bond market during the 2002-2012 period, pp. 1160-1195.
- Gül Ertan Özgüzer and Luca Pensieroso: An analysis of Turkey's accession to the European Union, pp. 1380-1405.
- Andrew Clarke and Mikal Skuterud: Why do immigrant workers in Australia perform better than those in Canada? Is it the immigrants or their labour markets?, pp. 1431-1462.
- Yuji Tamura: Migrant smuggling when exploitation is private information, pp. 1463-1479.
- Sebastian Krautheim: Export-supporting FDI, pp. 1571-1605.
- Michel Beine, Frédéric Docquier and Maurice Schiff: International migration, transfer of norms and home country fertility, pp. 1406-1430.