Style Guidelines for Accepted Papers
- Papers must be double-spaced with margins of at
least 1 1/4 inches (3.2 cm) on each side and 1 inch (2.5 cm) at top
- Our rule of thumb is that a paper with full double-
spacing of everything should not exceed 45 pages, and this should
include an assessment of one page for each graph and one for the title
page. Preferably papers should be kept to about 40 pages or less in
fully double-spaced form. The objective is to restrict most papers to
about 20 journal pages or less and to avoid exceeding 25 journal pages
except in very rare circumstances.
- Pages should be numbered consecutively, starting with the first
page of text.
- Section headings in the paper should be numbered consecutively using
Arabic numerals (1,2, etc.). Sub-section headings should use Arabic
decimals (2.1, 2.2, etc.).
- Please use boldface type for first-level subheads and
for appropriate mathematical expressions only.
- Footnotes must be double-spaced and placed at the
back of the paper following the references. This includes the lead
footnote containing acknowledgements; it should be marked as "lead
footnote" and not numbered. The next footnote is footnote 1, etc.
(Note to LaTeX users: to put your
footnotes at the end of a document, use the endnotes option with