A number of sites give information on Toronto restaurants.
Close to the conference site, Harbord Street is a favourite
Ethnic restaurants: some are in agglomerations.
- Chinatown (Spadina beginning a few blocks south of college down and then along Dundas. For the adventurous, a newer and larger Chinatown has also sprung up just north of the city in Markham about 25km away)
- Little Italy (College beginning a few blocks west of Bathurst and running for 5 or 6 blocks)
- Greektown (Danforth Avenue, beginning a few blocks west of Broadview and running until Pape)
- Little India (Gerrard St beginning at Logan and running until Coxwell -- a bit rundown but cheap)
You can also find Thai, Spanish, Sushi, Portuguese, Jamaican, Russian, Kosher, Halal, etc.
After a hard day's work, you may need a refreshing beverage.
Toronto offers many choices: AllTorontoPubs. Near the
conference site, you'll find several choices, including two large pubs
suitable for groups
On Campus (* denotes only open M-F)
- UofT Food Services Map of Locations
- Sanford Fleming Café, 10 King's College Rd, pizza, burgers, fries, pre-made salads & sandwiches.
- * Medical Sciences Café, 1 King College Rd, pizza, pasta, stirfrys, noodle bowls, entrees, burgers, fires, soupls, salad bar, Euro Baguettes
- Reznikoff's Café, 75 St. George St., sandwiches and hot entrees.
- Faculty Club, (reservation required), 41 Wilcocks St. (accepts ACUS and ICN affiliates), Dining Room and Pub
- Sidney Smith Food Court, Ground floor 100 St. George St, Tim HortonŐs, Pizza Pizza, Mr. Sub, Stir Fry
- Robart's Cafeteria, pasta, sandwiches, vegetarian/vegan friendly, wireless, 130 St. George St.
- Subway (sub sandwiches), 130 St. George St.
- * Innis Café, 2 Sussex Ave , vegetarian friendly, Halal, wireless, made to order sandwiches and salads
- * The Buttery, 15 Devonshire Pl., Pizza Pizza, Sandwiches, Salads, Yogurt Partfaits, Soups, Fruit & Snacks
- Hart House Gallery (reservation strongly recommended), 2nd
Floor of Hart House, 7 Hart House Circle
- Sammy's Student Exchange, Arbor Room, 7 Hart House Circle, Full service cafeteria with patio and bar, hot entrees, pizza, sandwiches.
Off Campus (here are some of the areas nearby and the choices available)
- Various food trucks (chinese, burger & fries,
sausages & hot dogs) located along St. George St. from College north to Sussex provide quick lunches for about $5.
- Spadina from Harbord north to Bloor -- Fast food; Pizza on the west side, pasta on the east side
- Harbord from Spadina west to Bathurst -- 5 restaurants open for lunch, Middle eastern, Peruvian
- Spadina south of college -- Vietnamese and then dozens of Chinese restaurants; lots more at Spadina and Dundas
- Baldwin (south on St. George it becomes Beverley at College, walk ten minutes then east on Baldwin) vegetarian, mexican, pasta, sushi
- Bloor East of St. George to Avenue Road -- upscale Italian sandwiches, sportsbar, chinese, fast food
- Yorkville (one block north of Bloor and east of Avenue Rd) -- fine dining
- Bloor West of St. George to Spadina -- Italian, pizza, pub food
- Bloor West of Spadina to Bathurst -- lots of choices including Italian, sushi, lebanese, sports bars, etc.
© 2018 Canadian Economics Association.