View CEA Resturants in a larger map
All three conference venues are located in downtown Vancouver. There are many restaurant choices in a 10 minute walking distance. Below are some options.
Inside SFU Harbour Centre
- Tim Hortons (750 West Pender Street)
- Food Court (Harbour Centre Lower Mall). Directory: Starbucks, Quizno's, Fatbuger, Thai Express, Salad Loop, etc
Cafe and Coffee Shops (coffee icon)
$10 -20 (green)
- Nuba (Lebanese, 207 West Hastings Street)
- The Greedy Pig (Bistro, 307 West Cordova Street)
- Boneta (French, 12 Water Street)
- Tuc Craft Ktichen (Canadian, European, Seafood, 60 West Cordova St)
- Jules Causal French Bistro (French, 216 Abbot Street)
- Water Street Cafe (Seafood, 300 Water Street)
- Miku (Japanese, #70 - 200 Granville Street)
- Rouge Kitchen & WetBar (Canadian, 601 West Cordova Street)
- Salt Tasting Room (Wine/Tapas, 45 Blood Alley Square)
- L'Abattoir (Dinner only, French, 217 Carrall Street)
- Pourhouse (Pub, 162 Water Street)
Grocery Store (blue pin)
- Nesters Market (333 Abbot Street). This location is about 10 minutes walking distance from SFU Harbour Centre/Centre for Dialogue
More recommendations and reviews for nearby districts (some restaurants will be further than 10 minutes walking distance)
Best Restaurants in Vancouver
African and Middle Eastern:
- Nuba (Lebanese food), $$, Gastown location, 207 West Hastings St.
- Chambar, $$$ (buzzing/expensive and good food; reservation essential), 562 Beatty St.
- Cactus Club, $$ 1085 Canada Place (and various other locations)
Contemporary West Coast/Bistro:
- L'abattoir, $$$ (arguably Gastown's finest, expensive, reservation essential), 217 Carrall St.
- The Flying Pig, $$ (`nouveau Canadian bistro'), Gastown location: 102 Water St.
- Tableau, $$ (best downtown bistro), 1181 Melvile Street.
- Homer Street Café & Bar, $$ (French style bistro), 898 Homer Street.
- Pidgin, $$, (innovative small plates), 350 Carrall Street.
- Jules $$ (unpretentious French bistro; reservation essential), 216 Abbott St.
- Le Crocodile $$$ (one of the best French restaurant in town, expensive, reservation essential), 909 Burrard St (entrance on Smithe).
- Vij's $$ (not in the downtown core but considered one of the best Indian restaurant in the world, it takes no reservation), 1480 West 11th Ave.
- Cioppino $$$ (the best Italian in town, expensive, reservation essential), 1133 Hamilton St.
- Nicli Antica Pizzeria $$ (authentic Neapolitan pizzas in Gastown), 67 East Cordova
- Cincin, $$ 1154 Robson Street.
- Campagnolo,$$ 1020 Main Street.
- Miku, $$$ (upscale Japanese sushi place on the waterfront; reservation essential), 70-200 Granville st.
- Shu Raku Sake Bar and Bistro $$ (a good place right downtown), 833 Granville St.
- Kamei Royale $$ (a solid place with a very long menu with pictures), 211-1030 West Georgia.
- La Mezcaleria, $$ 1622 Commercial Drive, (doesn't take reservations for small parties so get there early)
Pub and Lounge:
- The Greedy Pig, $$ Gastown, 307 West Cordova.
- Steamworks Brewing Co. $$ (across the street from Harbor Centre on the waterfront side), 375 Water St.
- The Rogue, $$ (in the old train station across the street from Harbor Centre on the waterfront side), 601 West Cordova St.
- Rodney's Oyster House $$ (a no-nosense fishing shack); Gastown location: 52 Powell St; Yaletown location: 1228 Hamilton St.
Vegetarian and Vegan:
- Gorilla Food, $ 477 Powell St.
- Heirloom, $$ 1509 West 12th Ave.
- Nuba $$ (see Lebanese) has several vegetarian dishes
Vietnamese and Cambodian:
- Phnom Penh $$ (very good value, very busy and very good), 244 East Georgia St in Chinatown.
- Yew $$$ (the restaurant of the Four Seasons Hotel; expensive and excellent; reservation recommended), 791 West Georgia St.
- Joe Fortes, $$, 777 Thurlow Street, (good for large parties)
Quick Lunch (all $ and all closed on Sunday):
- La Taqueria Pinche Taco Shop (Mexican) 322 W Hastings
- Meat & Bread (Sandwiches) 370 Cambie
- Goldies Pizza & Beer Lounge (Pizza), 605 W Pender
- 2001 Flavours (Pizza), 595 W Pender
- Ha Long Bay (Vietnamese), 430 W Pender
- Bali Thai (Indonesian/Thai), 555 W Hastings
- Hamburger 2.85 (Food truck) 500 W Pender
© 2017 Association canadienne d'économique.